Saturday, May 19, 2012

Battleship Review

So I went to a movie based on a game where you stick pegs into a board and yell stuff about someone sinking your battleship, what could go wrong here?

Okay so I didn't go in with a good mind set on the idea of this movie, I was worried about it. Sadly some of my worries were correct, but it wasn't all bad. The best star in this film was Colonel Greg Gadson. He isn't only a hero on the film, he is a hero to all of us outside of the film. I would like to say thank you to him for fighting for our freedom. The cast was good, but he was the best. He is the true meaning of "never give up".

I have been a fan of Taylor Kitsch since his role in "Friday Night Lights" as Tim Riggins, so that gave me hope when I first heard he was the lead role in this movie. Now I didn't know it was going to be a kind of football team get together until I found out that Jesse Plemons was also starring in this film, all the "Friday Night Lights" fans remember him as Landry Clarke. Add in the mix of the rest of the cast, including Liam Neeson, Rihanna, John Tui, and Brooklyn Decker and you really have a great cast.

Now comes the part where I point out the issues. The start of the movie really was slow catching up to the point of the movie.  Don't get me wrong, I like getting to know the base of those in the story. There was a little timeline miss when it came to keeping the viewers up to date on what happened towards the start of the movie. I think it would have made a really good movie if there weren't trying to base it on the game and had added a few more details that seem like they were missing from the whole story.

Now it is a Michael Bay movie, so once the story line does catch up with everything... You know stuff is going to start blowing up. I am starting to think that he could write a movie about a small cafe in Paris and still have to make something like the coffee pot blow up, even if that had nothing to do with the story. I think something he blew up part of in this movie will get him some bad views from people (You will see what if you watch).

Now the good part of his writing for this movie was how he worked in the Military Veterans, I won't say where just so I don't mess up the story. I just think that it was a perfect reminder, not only to thank those who are or have been serving in this war, but to also thank those who served in past wars. From World Wide Blog Of Movies, THANK YOU.

Over all this movie gets 4 out of 5 stars.

Thank you to ESSEX CINEMAS and T-REX for being the theater of choice for my movie reviews. When you are looking for the best place to check out a movie, make it ESSEX CINEMAS and T-REX at the Essex Outlets Center in Essex, VT! http://www.essexcinemas.com

The T-Rex Theater is AMAZING!!! With the 60 foot curved screen and 124 speakers which is part of 7.1 Digital Surround Sound, there are 401 extra wide luxury seats with memory-foam headrests making a movie theater trip you will never forget! T-Rex stands for “Theatre Real Extreme”

No comments:

Post a Comment