Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises Review.

First off I want to take a moment and say my heart and prayers go out to all the friends and family of the victims of the Colorado shooting. I know this is in text and not sound, but I would like to take a moment of silence while you read this.











May the hurt live for a long time and let the fallen live in our hearts forever.

Thank you.

Now on to the review of the movie.

Christian Bale is by far my favorite Bruce Wayne aka Batman. He brings you in more to the story behind the mask more then any other Batman ever. He makes you believe that he is Bruce Wayne and you understand him. I am a fan of the other actors who have worn the mask but I just think he is the best.

He plays the many sides of Bruce well and that is one of the main reasons he is the best. The other reason is that he works perfect with the rest of the cast. I hope that we see more of him as Batman. If I was directing the Justice League project (I am free, WB!) I would 100% invite Christian to become Batman once again. I think it would be a waste to see such a huge built up to just use a new actor for the movie based on one of the best known hero teams. He would be a great Justice League Batman.

Tim Burton or Christopher Nolan's Catwoman? I pick Nolan's. The reason being is I feel that Burton made Catwoman too dark in that and you didn't have the chance to really learn anything about her, other then she was Catwoman. Sure she fell out a window and was some how effected by cats after her fall (how does that make sense again?). With Nolan's take on Catwoman, you got to see the light and dark side of her. The reason she is who she is and the story between her and Bruce/Batman. Everything made more sense.

The woman behind the cat is none other then Anne Hathaway. Not only does she play the role of the nice with a kick, she is very skilled at fighting. She and Bale had some of the best scenes in the movie both together and alone. They are talking about a Catwoman spin-off movie. I think Anne could do great things with this role in another movie. I was sad not to see more scenes with her and Sir Michael Caine. I think they would of had some good interactions.

On the note of Sir Michael Caine, for the third time in a row he was fantastic as Alfred. As hinted to in the ads, he had some crying scenes. You can't help but cry along with him a little. He and Morgan Freeman had the best one liners in the movie. Always gave us a laugh. He is a big part of the whole story in this movie. So I don't want to give away to much about his role in this. I will say that he is one of my favorite parts of the movie. Because of his power to play the happy and sad parts of the role so well.

This is the second time Bane has been on the big screen and it is the best. He has lines, he has a story that works and he is a bigger part of everything. We first saw Bane on Batman and Robin. Let's talk about what makes this movie's Bane better then "Batman and Robin" Bane.

1. He has lines other "Arrrrrrrrrr" and "Grrrrrrrrrrrrr"

2. He is just a big strong guy, no drugs used.

3.  He had his own story and wasn't just a hitman.

4. HE HAD MORE LINES THEN "ARRRRRRRRRRRR" AND "GRRRRRRRRRR".

5. You got to see his face more with this movie mask, so you got to see how he reacted to stuff.

6. Tom Hardy was a fantastic choice for the role of Bane!

The rest of the cast was fantastic as well as the crew! GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!

Here is my view of 2012 Superhero movies.
1. The Avengers
2. The Amazing Spider-Man and The Dark Knight Rises! Tie!

Local note! Great job Sentor Patrick Leahy on another cameo on a Batman movie!!! I think they should give him his own superhero movie!

Christopher Nolan, Tim Burton, and Joel Schumacher have all three been the director for the Batman movies over the years. Christopher Nolan is the best out of them all! I don't really believe he is done with these movies, just like Batman he will be back. At least that is what I think.

That is my view on this, what is yours? Please comment and let me know!

Thank you to ESSEX CINEMAS and T-REX for being the theater of choice for my movie reviews. When you are looking for the best place to check out a movie, make it ESSEX CINEMAS and T-REX at the Essex Outlets Center in Essex, VT! http://www.essexcinemas.com


The T-Rex Theater is AMAZING!!! With the 60 foot curved screen and 124 speakers which is part of 7.1 Digital Surround Sound, there are 401 extra wide luxury seats with memory-foam headrests making a movie theater trip you will never forget! T-Rex stands for “Theatre Real Extreme” 


Also check out movies in Plattsburgh, New York at Cumberland 12!   

No comments:

Post a Comment