Monday, August 6, 2012

TOTAL RECALL REVIEW.

Total Recall Review.

The best part of Total Recall is the ACTION! The special effect did fantastic with the movie. The writers could have done some more for the story, I felt that some of it was just missing.

It is a remake of the 1990 Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, which I admit I have never seen. I guess it wasn't fair to watch Dark Knight Rises yesterday and then go see this one. It is hard to compair a movie with that film which had so much story. Maybe it was me but in some parts of Total Recall, I just felt lost.

The cast was great! Them and the action are the best parts of the movie and the reason to go see it.  Colin Farrell plays Douglas Quaid, who was played by Arnold Schwarzenegger in the first edition of this movie. As I noted before I haven't seen Arnold's movie so I can't say who was better, so I will judge Colin on his role alone.

Farrell brought the action to the movie and adds his own touch to the story of Douglas Quaid (what story there was). As odd as this sounds, he played a really good role of a guy who had no clue what was going on around him. Really that was meant to be a nice thing about his acting.

 Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel, did a fantastic job as the two leading ladies of the film. Always nice to see a film with Bill Nighy, he was one of the best of Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker. Always seems to have a wonderful smile (oh wait... does he ever smile in movies?).

Len Wiseman is the director of this film, I think he did a good job with the movie but I think he could have done better. It is really a shock that he made a action movie with so little story after he worked in the art department on Independence Day.

So in the end, do I think it was a great action movie? Yes. Do I think it could have been better with story? I already said yes. Do I think there will be a second movie? I don't think so but if there is, it needs to be fantastic.  I do think you should go see this movie and give it your own word on the story and the whole film.


Thank you to ESSEX CINEMAS and T-REX for being the theater of choice for my movie reviews. When you are looking for the best place to check out a movie, make it ESSEX CINEMAS and T-REX at the Essex Outlets Center in Essex, VT! http://www.essexcinemas.com


The T-Rex Theater is AMAZING!!! With the 60 foot curved screen and 124 speakers which is part of 7.1 Digital Surround Sound, there are 401 extra wide luxury seats with memory-foam headrests making a movie theater trip you will never forget! T-Rex stands for “Theatre Real Extreme”


Also check out movies in Plattsburgh, New York at Cumberland 12!

No comments:

Post a Comment