Friday, May 17, 2013

Upper Deck 'Iron Man 3' Trading Cards Review

The folks at Upper Deck Trading Cards sent World Wide Blog Of Movies a box of the new Iron Man 3 Movie Cards to review. The question is do they rock as much as the movie does? Read on for the answer.


I think one of the best parts about this set is the fact even some of the same numbered cards are different from each other  As you can see in the picture above, both cards have the same picture on them and if you were to turn them over, they would say the same quote as well. What's the diff? On the second card you can see a line effect which looks almost like a tech pattern as you would see Tony use while designing.


Not only does this set let you bring home scenes from the movie, it could let you bring home pieces of it. Picture above are the two 'Heroic Threads' cards that came in the box set. These two cards include pieces of costumes worn by Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark), Gwyneth Paltrow (Pepper Potts), Don Cheadle (Colonel James Rhodes) and Jon Favreau (Happy Hogan). The best part about these cards is the fact you can tell which scene they are from, so you can watch the film and go 'Hey! I have a piece of that moment!'.


While opening the packs of cards from this box set, I found one more collectible card (Seen above). This is the cover of the July 1992, issue #282 of IRON MAN Vol #1. This was the issue we first met the War Machine armor. What else is special about this card? It is signed by the Writer and Penciler of the issue, Len Kaminski and Kevin Hopgood. This is one of many Celebrity Autographs you could find in a single pack of Upper Deck Iron Man 3 Trading Cards.



You know how I put the question at the top of this  review? 'Do they rock as much as the movie does?'. Well, the meaning behind that question is do they bring out the spirit for Iron Man fans? Do they tell a story with each picture? Also are they as cool as seeing the scenes clear on the big screen? Yes!! 5 stars to the print team on these cards for making them look High-Def!

If you ask me, which if you are reading this you did! I would tell you to go find these at your local trading card stores and pick up a pack today! Don't forget there is still time to go see Iron Man 3 in theaters!
Thank you to Upper Deck for supplying the box set of Iron Man 3 Trading Cards for the review. Don't forget to also check out my review from their last Marvel movie cards based on the The Avengers.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Karinations. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I understand that you have issues with how this set is put together. Sadly, I have to pull your comment due to movie spoilers. Please feel free to re-post your feelings about the cards as I am open to my readers posting their views on the reviews and other posts. I hope that you understand my reason for pulling, please know it has nothing to do with your view on the product. As I said please feel free to post again (without the spoilers). As I noticed I do not have that rule written on my site, I will be fixing that fact. I will also check into why you are unable to edit comments after you post them, very sorry about that tech issue.

    Again the only rules for posting comments on World Wide Blog Of Movies are: 1. 100% No movie spoilers. 2. No offensive language.

    Thank you for reading World Wide Blog Of Movies. I hope that this issue won't turn you away from our site.

    ReplyDelete